Translate

Saturday, February 12, 2011

GROUPON - FROM 100 TO 4000 EMPLOYEES IN 1 YEAR!!

I stopped at Jiffy Lube yesterday to get my tires checked and heard these statistics on the TV. What makes a company grow like that? Phenomenal!!! I was SO impressed with the numbers. But after watching for a little bit, I saw a lot of people working furiously on the computer and wondered about personal connection, real conversations, real friendships...... Our country is in such a sad state of affairs right now. I feel like we need to re-connect to each other. Person to person. When was the last time you held your husbands hand and just took a walk and talked? (Not about business.) When was the last time you rubbed a friends back just because you know how good it feels? When was the last time you shook someones hand without using hand sanitizer. We need to loosen our shorts a little bit and relax and reconnect. JUST DO IT! It might be frightening at first, but I guarantee you will feel great if you do. My favorite movie for understanding the concept of connection is "Patch Adams". This movie is one of the all time greats in my estimation for really connecting. Understanding the human element. Lord please help us to all be a little more like Patch Adams, and discover what it means to be human. I ask this in Jesus name.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

Most Viewed Posts