Translate

Saturday, January 15, 2011

FLOODS, HURRICANES, TORNADOES, VOLCANOES ERUPTING.....

.....and the list goes on.  These disasters are going on worldwide.  2010 was a record-breaking year for natural disasters. It was also a record-breaking year for death caused by all of these natural disasters.I am having a ball on the computer looking up stats and I am coming to see that all of these things occurred in biblical times, as well. The only difference between now and then is, NOW, we can look anywhere in the world to see it happening in real time.  It's actually kind of scary and overwhelming.  My husband and I just spent a wonderful evening with 2 special people in our lives.  One is 88 and her brother just celebrated his 100th birthday in December.  I had more fun just talking and listening to them than I have had in a long time. SO when I asked myself the question, "what should I really be doing with my spare time?", keep working on the computer or go visiting? I came to the conclusion: BOTH!! Read the Bible & world statistics, but most importantly, don't forget to connect with people.  They are so special and if you don't connect regularly, you might forget how special they are. You don't know if one of those natural disasters is comin' to your town.  If it does, remember James. It says.....to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. Lord thank you for technology, but most of all thank you for friends.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

Most Viewed Posts