Translate

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Martin Luther King Day 2011

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day is tomorrow.  What a great man.  He was a baptist minister, and in 1964 became the youngest person ever to receive the Nobel Peace Prize.  His work and hope to end racial segregation was unparalleled. He was a gentle spirit and his, "I Have a Dream" speech will be remembered throughout history as one of the greatest speeches even given.  Honestly I never gave him much thought in my life until the last few years.  I was 8 when he died.  I was probably outside playing and didn't realize what was happening. After some reading and research, I began to realize what an impact he had on our culture and the world.  Today, Lord I pray in Jesus Name that we all have the heart of that great man and continue his work as peacemakers.  Thank you for making me color blind and please do that for others!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

Most Viewed Posts