Translate

Friday, January 7, 2011

Disciples 418 - Apostles 1040 - WHO WINS? We all do!!

Apostles referenced in the Bible - 1040 times, 
Disciples referenced in the Bible - 418 times!!

 All apostles are disciples; not all disciples become apostles.


After doing some research and reading, this is what I found in a secular dictionary:

DISCIPLE: a person who is a pupil or an adherent of the doctrines of another; follower: e.g.  disciple of Jesus.

APOSTLE: any of the original 12 disciples called by Jesus to preach the gospel: Simon Peter,the brothers James and John, Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew,Matthew, Thomas, James the son of Alpheus, Thaddaeus, Simon the Zealot, Judas Iscariot. 

I love having theological discussions with my 17 year old before bed because that gets me thinking overnight sometimes about what kind of Christian I would like to be.  Wow!! I have come to the conclusion I think would like to be an Apostle but believe I am a Disciple right now. Lord give me the wisdom and strength to make right decisions, and get off of the fence. I ask this in Jesus name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

Most Viewed Posts