Translate

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

IS HAL REALLY GOD'S NAME???

Kids say the darndest things!! When my friend was little, and she used to say her prayers at night, she Always began with, "Our Father who art in heaven, Hal would be thy name...."  Isn't that great? That's what she heard when people would say the Our Father!! I'll bet God loved that she would pray every night without fail!! When I was about 10, I had another friend who happened to be Catholic.  I used to spend the night at her house after her family returned from Saturday evening Mass.  One week, she had been bad and before sleeping that night her mother reminded her of the penance she had to do. She said,  "OK Mom", and proceeded to take out a rosary and prayer card.  She quickly briefed me on how to pray the rosary, and explained if we split her prayers for her penance, it would go twice as fast and we could get back to talking and having fun. Two true stories!! The cool thing is, these now full grown women are God fearing and God loving women.  New Living Translation (©2007) When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. (1 Corinthians 13:11) But Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children." (Matthew 19:14) So even if your children's prayers are directed to "Hal", or your child needs help in doing their penance, KNOW that they are thinking of God, and God is with them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

Most Viewed Posts