Translate

Sunday, May 12, 2019

HONORING MY MOM...today and always!

Juanita Grace
Dear Mom,
Happy Mother's Day! This is the way I remember you! So full of life, and laughter!
I miss those silly fun-filled days,when you and I would talk and sing, and spend time. 
On Sundays you'd cook; after church I would play outside. Malcom McDonald had a way of showing up every week at dinner time even when you changed the hour we ate! 
(Did he sit across in the cornfield and watch and wait until you called us in for dinner to show up?)
I grew up, got married, and had children. You became a grandma, and what an awesome grandma you were!  The boys could call you day or night and present their news, and you were always their biggest fan!  Anything they shared was such a big deal, and I thank you for giving them encouragement and love! I pray that you continue to watch over them and your great grand daughters also. I didn't think to look at you as a girl growing up until recently.  I wanted to tell you how proud I am of you and your accomplishments! 

1.) Organist in your church at the age of 16
2.) Skipping AHEAD 2 grades in grammar school
3.) Taking Trigonometry as a Freshman in High School
4.) Going to work
5.) Getting your Drivers Licence at the age of 35

Dang!!!  These are the top 5 things that come into my head even though we both know there are thousands more! It has been 10 years since you went to join Dad, Honey and Papa! (I miss them!) I felt the need to write and tell you how often I think of you, how proud I am that you are my Mom, how sad I am that I never told you these things face to face, and obviously how much I miss you! I love you Mom, please give Aunt Jean my love also!!
Your grateful daughter,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

Most Viewed Posts