Translate

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

LET'S TALK ABOUT REINCARNATION...

OK, let's not. I just wanted to get your attention so we could talk about some other stuff.  Please read.  Anything!! I was randomly looking at statistics again today and found this:

Illiteracy Statistics

  • 42 million American adults can't read at all; 50 million are unable to read at a higher level that is expected of a fourth or fifth grader.
  • The number of adults that are classified as functionally illiterate increases by about 2.25 million each year.
  • 20 percent of high school seniors can be classified as being functionally illiterate at the time they graduate.
Source: National Right to Read Foundation
I started writing my blog as a way to start every ones day off in a kind of cool way, thinking about things they may not think of.  I was trying to get different topics out there and have fun thinking of things randomly.  When I came across these statistics, I stopped dead in my tracks.  It was kind of selfish at first thinking, "That is 42 million adults that can't read my blog."  OMG!!!  I am going to pray to God for the state of our country.  Lord PLEASE help those who cannot read to drop their pride and get help.  Reading is so important. Lord, if there are some out there who I can help, please send them to me and give me the guidance to know how and where to find help for them.  Thank you for my life and thank you for the gift of reading.



Help stamp out Biblical illiteracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Birthday Dad!

Most Viewed Posts